THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Recap and catch up (since I'm not hormonal)

Before I say anything of any consequence I'd like to put a new rule in writing: No blogging while hormonal and while we're at it no thinking, either. Good gracious! What a whine fest the last few posts were. So much pissing and moaning. Insecurity, self-pity, ungratefulness, pettiness: all around it was a gratuitous vomit inducing, self centered sulk fest. Can't have any more of that.
Now that that's out of the way I may begin:

Things with Butthole are reasonably great. Once my mind is cleared I always go back to thinking of how irritatingly fortunate I am to be with him. Irritating for you, not me, of course. I won't get too much into that because let's face it: This blog is supposed to be about ME. :P

I am in College City! Today I went with Butthole to the community service events he attends for the various groups he is a part of at school. We went to a women's shelter and set up some activities for the kids there. It is very hearth breaking, not to mention humbling, to see so many people be so down on their luck. We also went to another place (I believe he said it was a Rescue Mission) where they give free food. It's easy to think of that as "feeding the homeless" but that's not necessarily the case. A lot of people are suffering and hurting for money and resources and it it's just the ones who are living on the street. The economy is putting a lot of people in very hard situations. There is a lot of need in our country and it great to see so many who are willing to give.
Certainly something I'll need to think more about and something I will not allow myself to throw away. This one's is getting filed.

0 comments: