THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Purpose in life.

I don't go to school. I basically have no life. I work, walk Spazpup, work out, and sleep. That's it. My life is redundant and meaningless. Not that I complain about redundancy. I actually like it. It'd still be nice to have something to do that actually mattered. To have a purpose for the things I do. What do I do, though? I work to pay my bills. I walk my dog so she doesn't destroy my house. I work out so that there's room for others to join me on my couch. I sleep so I don't set this crap hole on fire. It's all so... meaningless. How can I turn any one of those activities into something useful?
Last week I saw a flier at my gym for a 5K race at the end of the month. One of the guys asked me if I was going to sign up. I said "No way! I can't run 5K! That's insane!" As it turns out... I can run 5K. In fact, I did it that very day. 5K is only 3 miles. I thought about it but, really, running isn't a passion of mine or anything. It's just something I do to stay healthy. After thinking about it I went on the website if only to find out the requirements. I would need to pay $40 and get up at 7 Am on a Saturday. Ya...umm..nothanks. It seems kind of pointless since I really don't care for competition, and I already know I can do it. Why pay to run a few miles when I can do it for free on my own?
Then I found out about the
Race for the Cure. I really want to do it. I figure if I'm going to get up early and pay a fee to run early on a Saturday morning I rather my money be used for a good cause.
My only problem is that the closest event is in College City and I don't think I have a ride. It's the week right before Butthole's finals so I can't ask him to take me. He would have offered if only it was one week later but it's not the case. I'm also sad because if I can manage to get up there he won't be able to be up there with me since he needs to study. :(
Ideally I need to stay the night over there or else I'm going to need to find a ride at 5:30 AM in order to make it on time. The recent banning is going to make it much harder for me to find a place to stay. Phatty would want to take me and even participate but it's not all too easy for her to request days off from work.
I'll make it happen, though. Somehow I'm going to get my butt up there and run to support
Breast Cancer Research.

0 comments: