THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Happiness is just a teardrop away.

Oh but if I had a fairy godmother, life would be oh so simple...
As usual, though, life is far from simple. It's the opposite of simple, really. So many tough choices, so many life changing decisions, so many chances for failure. Figuring things out took me a multitude of tears. It seems silly to measure my life by the number of tears I've cried but it's a great method of measurement when you're me.
I cry so, so, much. Butthole says when I feel an emotion I really get my moneys worth. I've cried so many times in working out my life. I can think of so many defining moments in my life in the past 10 years that ended up in tears. I have cried tears of sadness, fear, frustration, anger, shock, disillusion, despair, happiness and who knows how many more emotions... probably all of them.
This time, though, I think the tears will lead me somewhere. This choice I've made, this change I've decided upon, it has already made me cry. It took me many puffy-eyed mornings to get here, but here I am (and crying, of course.) There will be more crying before this is all over. I will be crying at the very end, I'm sure. But then... a wide-open door awaits, and through it: Happiness.
And as I measure my life in salty water spilling from my eyes I know with certainty that I will kiss good bye this life with tears of sadness and I will begin my new one with more tears. I will cross my fingers that they're tears of joy.
Still... I wouldn't turn down a fairy godmother.

0 comments: