THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The times when I lose hope.

Sometimes people say and do things that make me wonder. I'll just illustrate my point with this conversation:

Next patient of the day who's due in ten minutes (Next patient, for short): Hi, this is New Patient, I have an appointment at 11 and I wanted to let you know that I'm running late. Is that ok?
Me, irritated but willing to deal with it: Yes it should be ok (No, it's not, but what am I supposed to d0?) how late are you running?
Next patient: Probably a few minutes. I had a family emergency.

Now let me add that I believe that excuse is bullshit. He just sounds like the kind of guy that would abuse the idea of his grandmother getting carried away by a velociraptor* in order to get away with stopping at Starbucks before his dentist appointment. Regardless of that, I NEVER care about patients' excuses (unless they try to make me feel bad about their grandma getting carried about by a velociraptor- then I think they are total douches). Realistically speaking, the reason why they are running late/not coming doesn't matter to me because whether their Grandma got carried away by a velociraptor, or they just slept in, or they were in Africa feeding starving children and were delayed by a layover in China where zombies were attacking all the pilots doesn't change the fact that now my schedule is messed up, my boss is going to turn into a royal bitch, and Doctor is going to go off on a rant about people's idiocy with a tone of superiority.


Me: Well if it's just a few minutes that should be ok.
Next patient: Yeah, well I'm just now leaving Town That's at Least 45 Minutes Away. So yea... Will you still see me?
Me, thinking "Are you an idiot?": .... If you are just now leaving Town That's at Least 45 Minutes Away there's not way you're going to make your 11 O'clock appointment as that's in 10 minutes and you're 45 minutes away.
Next patient, confused: So can I still be seen today? I'll just be late by a little bit.
Me, thinking "You ARE an idiot": ... No. At this rate you're going to be late by an hour.
Next Patient, with what is probably a blank stare: So, can't I still be seen?

Bitch Boss overheard me at this point and did that obnoxious thing where she starts barking orders in an angry tone about how I need to reschedule the patient and how the patient is a "f**cking idiot." Because apparently she can't tell from what I'm saying that's it's obvious I'm telling this jerk off that we won't see him today, so she feels the need to make it clear.

Me, thinking "Not only are you an idiot, but you're also deaf": No. We are going to have to reschedule you.
Next Patient, now shocked and appalled: FOR REALS?! Like... you can't still see me? I'm just running a little bit late.
Me, thinking "How fast do you think you can drive? Moron.": No, you're not. You're running late by at least 45 minutes. There's another patient after you and if we see you then we'll be late for the next patient. We will not see you today.
Next Patient: ...oh. So I can't be seen?

I sure hope this guy doesn't have kids. I proceeded to reschedule his appointment and hopefully his grandpa won't be eaten by rabid goats next week.

EFF!!! And of course now Bitch Boss is being a bitch cursing and moaning about what a "F**ked day" this is. I hate this place. Sometimes I wish I was free to tell people just how idiotic they are.

*Why doesn't Spellcheck recognize the word velociraptor? And why does it want me to replace it with "velocipede"? WTF is a velocipede? Oh.. apparently a velocipede is " any human-powered land vehicle with one or more wheels' so basically a bike. WTF? That's not evel close to a dinosaur.

0 comments: