THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Holey Julia!

Let me start out by saying that if you read my title and thought to yourself "Gosh, Julia, that's not how you spell 'holy,' are you an idiot?" I would like to inform you that I definitely meant to write "holey." Because I am! I got my ear pierced again yesterday! Get it? I'm hole-y! Gosh I love puns. Don't you love puns? I sure love puns. Point being I have a new hole in my ear-nay- TWO HOLES! I got my Industrial done!
Behold THE INDUSTRIAL:


That is NOT my ear. Once my camera is fixed I will either change this picture or simply dedicate a whole 'nother post to my piercing.
I had wanted this piercing for years now but the chicken-sh in me kept putting it off. Part of me was afraid of the pain and part of me wasn't sure I could pull it off. I've gotta tell you: My ears are perfect. Just sayin'... So basically if this piercing looked like hell I'd either have to live with it or live with permanent scars on my no longer perfect ears.
Last week I decided that since I would be getting off early on Monday I'd be going to the tattoo house and putting brand-spankin new holes in my ear. NO ONE KNEW! Well Temporary Roommate knew because I asked her to come with me since A. She has a car and B. She wanted her belly button done so we could both get poked together (sweet set up for a dirty joke). When I got home yesterday TR wasn't there but so I breathed a small sigh of relief... after all... I wanted the piercing but wasn't exactly giddy about putting a needle through my skin. Then she got home- DANG IT! She told me to suck it up and do it. There was a lot of nervous laughter and sweaty palms. I stalled for like 15 min picking out a tank top (even though the t-shirt I'd worn was right there on the floor). Eventually we were on our way. We signed the consent forms that basically said Crankie (piercing girl) wasn't liable if my ear fell off (I know: comforting) and we did the pointing at each other when Crankie asked who was going first. I manned up and went for it. Here's a freaky fact: I went to school with Crankie. I don't think she recognized me or anything because we weren't friends in High School but this girl graduated with me. SHE'S MY FREAKIN AGE! Sort of freaky but she looked trustworthy and this is one of the best tattoo shops in town if not THE best.
Anyway, she was really nice and didn't make fun of either one of us for acting like spazzes. She didn't mock me when I questioned her on health department approvals and sterilization. She showed me all of the new and sterilized equipment. She cleaned and marked my ear. She took her time making sure it was straight. She made sure the piercing wouldn't conflict with my glasses. She was very thorough. Then came the poke. Holy cow the pokeS. I was proud because I didn't scream, cry, curse, flinch or pass out. I just sort of sat there going "AAAAHHHHH that is very painful, frick, holy mother effffff" then she did the second hole and I did some more of the same except this time I said "AHHH! That one was more painful!!" None of this was said more loudly than my normal speaking voice so kudos to me. She made sure I wasn't about to throw up from the pain before putting the jewelry in place. The piercing itself was very quick though thoroughly painful. She went over the cleaning instructions and I was done.
I got to watch TR's piercing which was pretty cool. She's had it done twice before so there was some scar tissue to go through which apparently made it tougher. It looked sickeningly awesome.
Seriously she did a really great job and if my ear doesn't fall off within the next month I'll be recommending her to all of my friends for their piercing needs.
It still hurts and I've been made to understand that I'm going to have to put up with this throbbing for a few weeks at best. A whole freaking year at worst. It's worth it, though. I really love it.
I'm excited to show Butthole! Though I've talked to him about it before I didn't tell him that I'd be getting it done yesterday and the same thing for Phatty. The only people that know so far are: TR, Crankie, Guy at gym, Other Dr., Mom, Phatty, Coworker, and Boss. My mom didn't like it, but she's not a fan of piercings so I didn't expect her to. Phatty loved it and everyone else... well, everyone else can suck it because their opinion doesn't matter.
I want to pierce my earlobes a third time and I almost did it yesterday but I figured I'd wait for this to heal a bit before putting another needle through my flesh.

0 comments: