THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Do I drive him wild?

I'm guessing Butthole is off to Alexandria so I won't be hearing from him til he gets back. That's so swell. Not only because I, in general, hate not hearing from him but because last night was definitely not left on a good note. I've been turning our last conversation over in my mind since he logged off and I still don't know what to make of it. I don't know where his accusations came from. I don't understand what's going on in his head. I do know this:
After much thinking and considering and trying to figure out what I did wrong I've decided that I'm not wrong. I did nothing wrong. I have nothing for which to apologise. HE is wrong (for a change). He's going to have to present himself with a very good argument for me to think otherwise. I also know that I can't imagine not doing whatever it takes for us to get through whatever it is that he thinks is going on.
For a moment this morning it really hit me that he might dump me if we don't work through this "problem." The problem is his inability to let go of my past. I am at a loss for how to conduct myself in this issue. In the past I told him I'd be completely open and tell him whatever information he wanted if it helped him work things out. It's been a year and a half, though. I can't keep discussing the past. The past is no longer pertinent to our relationship. With that the ball is in his court (woo! Sports metaphor!). It is up to him to decide if this is a hill to die on. THAT TERRIFIES ME.
This morning I realized how badly it would hurt if he broke up with me. I was thinking about seeing him this weekend and the chance that he won't greet me as warmly as I thought he would yesterday before 11:30AM. Now I really don't know what's going to happen.
I've been listening to the song "Smile" by Uncle Kracker non-stop since yesterday and I keep thinking of him. The song captures that lost-in-my-thoughts, projectile-vomit, trip-over-my-feet, smile-to-myself, scream-out-loud way I feel about him. I'm starting to wonder if it's healthy. In truth it's only healthy if he feels the same way. I wonder...


You're better than the best
I'm lucky just to linger in your light
Cooler than the flip-side of my pillow (that's right)
Completely unaware
Nothing can compare to where you send me
Let's me know that it's okay (yea, it's okay)
And the moments when my good times start to fade

You make me smile like a sun, Fall outta bed
Sing like a bird, Dizzy in my head
Spin like a record, Crazy on a Sunday night
You make me dance like fool, Forget how to breathe
Shine like gold, Buzz like a bee
Just the thought of you can drive me wild
Oh, you make me smile

Even when you don't
Somehow you come along just like a flower pokin through the sidewalk crack
And just like that
You steal away the rain
And just like that

Don't know how I lived without you
'Cuz everytime that I get around you
I see the best of me inside your eyes
You make me smile
You make
me dance like fool, Forget how to breathe
Shine like gold, Buzz like a bee
Just the thought of you can drive me wild

Oh, you make me smile
(Oh, you make me smile)
Oh you make me smille
(Oh, you make me smile)
Oh you make me smille

0 comments: