THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Writer's block

To the Virgins, to Make Much of Time
by Robert Herrick

Gather ye rosebuds while ye may,
Old Time is still a-flying;
And this same flower that smiles today
Tomorrow will be dying.

The glorious lamp of heaven, the sun,
The higher he's a-getting,
The sooner will his race be run,
And nearer he's to setting.

That age is best which is the first,
When youth and blood are warmer;
But being spent, the worse, and worst
Times still succeed the former.

Then be not coy, but use your time,
And while ye may, go marry;
For having lost but once your prime,
You may forever tarry.


You go, Robert! Carpe diem your way through life! I know I don't. Sometimes I wonder if that's a good thing. I've never felt the need to seize the day. I am quite happy eating plain chicken subs and watching DVD's on Friday night.
Sure, there are times when I can get up and go and do something nutty. But it's not the norm and it usually takes much coercing on the part of whoever's nutty idea it was because it sure as hell wasn't mine.
I've gotten better about it this year. I made a really stupid mistake on New Years Eve and I made a promise (a resolution, if you may) to myself that I wouldn't let my fear of the unusual stop me from having fun. Sure I might be uncomfortable at first but I'll always have fun in the end.
It seems like lately I've forgotten about that. I'm probably never going to go sky-diving but I need to start doing other fun and non life-threatening new things. I don't know what it'll be but next time someone suggests doing something I'm going for it. Maybe... if it doesn't involve tying my feet to some elastic band and jumping off a bridge. We'll see.
I'm off to gather rosebuds.

P.S. Yeah... this post was bullshit. I have no idea what to write about. I've started three times and everything I write sounds like I was possessed by a Rainbow Brite who OD'd on sunshine. Frankly no matter how optimistic I feel I'm not about to start hugging strangers on the street. Also, the post before this one got deleted when I pressed something so my brain was too clouded by annoyance for me to write something better.

0 comments: