THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

One hundred years to live.

My my... Today we had this lady come into the office and hot damn she was something. She' turning 80 in December but that wasn't what first caught my attention. She takes care of her husband who has Alzheimer's. She called telling us that she can't leave him at home and would it be ok if she brought him. "As long as he has something to read he'll sit in the waiting room with out a problem and behave himself" she said. It was so endearing.
Jesus- SHE'S 80! She is one spunky lady and you wouldn't put her at a day over 65.
I overheard her talking to my boss... she said "Well I'll be 80 in December, I figure I have another 10 to go." What a champ. I've always said I wouldn't want to live that long but let me tell you: If I have half the clarity of mind that she has then why the hell not? She sure is living it up.
She is so sweet to her husband and even though he's a bit slow because of the Alzheimer's the old man seems pretty jazzy himself. Sure, he gets a bit side tracked: "We need to hurry to and let the dog out!" He is still very sweet to her and gives her the goo-goo eyes like she's the most precious thing he's ever seen. I admire them. I admire her for her vivaciousness and dedication to her husband. I admire them both for the warmth their marriage seems to have sustained after all these years. Old people can be so sweet.
One should be so lucky to live that long and be that happy.

P.S. It's 09-09-09!!!

0 comments: