THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

A strongly worded (open) letter.

Dear Butthole's Mother,
Why, yes, yes I am quite aware that you don't like me. Particularly that you don't like me dating your son. Lady, I knew this before you even knew we were together.
What you need to understand is that I love your son. A lot, actually. Also, you should know that I'm not here to muddle his future and that I'm just as concerned about his success as you are. The reason your son never tells me to let him study is because he doesn't need to. I constantly encourage him to study and focus on his classes. I ask him if he's free to talk or if he needs to get enough sleep before a test. I wait til he's done studying before calling him which by the way, pushes my bed time by an hour. I'll have you know that I like getting my 8 hours of sleep. I like to but I don't because I know he needs the time to study so I adjust. If you'd like to say that the time spent with me could be spent studying I'd like to remind you that before I came along Butthole didn't spend every waking moment studyin either.
No, I don't plan on marrying him. I also don't plan to NOT marry him so you can just hold off before doing the happy dance. I simply don't plan! Seriously, as much as I like to plan things this isn't something I'm already picking themes for so chill the eff out. If you are so convinced I'm not the girl for him then time will tell but YOU certainly WON'T.
I don't know if you've noticed but Butthole and I have been together for nearly a year. I know, I know, it feels like you've been putting up with my heathen ways for far longer but it's only been a year. In that year his grades didn't drop, his workload didn't decrease and his time spent at home wasn't minimized. He also hasn't become a drug addict, a murderer, a raging alcoholic, or a father. He hasn't become disrepectful or defiant. He doesn't curse or talk back. So please, come up with a better argument as to why he shouldn't be with me.
Not to get cocky, but I make your son quite happy and I figured, as a parent, that would be your main concern.
Seriously Butthole's mom: Suck it. For the time being we are happy and in love. If in a few years we are still together and it seems his life is going down the crapper because of me then you can say whatever you want. Until then: He loves me and I love him. So ner.

0 comments: