THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, December 4, 2009

Baking and beauty products will be my demise

I am officially a recipe junkie. Right now it's only limited to baking due to the holiday but in truth I can never browse enough recipes. I have so many dang recipes printed out that the cabinet above the stove looks like a 13 year old's locker. My grocery list now includes a 3 ring binder and sheet protectors. I'm going to organize my recipes and make a Julia's Cookbook.
Today I found one for Christmas Cake. It looks like a cross between bread/cake/fruitcake. It looks yum-yum-ilicious. *Sigh* I have a problem.
I haven't even tried the cupcake recipes I printed out last month! I'll do that next weekend, for sure. I also found a simple recipe for Seven Layer/Magic bars. Oh the endless possibilities. I've been going at it hard at the gym just to ward off the imminent weight gain.
Speaking of substance abuse... I can't get enough of beauty products! One time, in speaking about his parents interest in purchasing a new condo (that would be their 4th piece of property!), Butthole said "You know how I get a hard on for motorcycles? Well that's how my parents are about real estate." It could be said that beauty products rub my eruption buttons the right way. Hey! He's not the only one who knows how to be crass.
I spent $50 at Sally's last month and I haven't even bought my hair dye for later this month. Well, I actually have some (I mix my own color) but I'm low on my 3N.
Setting me loose at Sally Beauty Supply is like setting that little fat kid from Matilda loose in a candy store (ok, I'm like that in a candy store, too). I could look around for hours lusting after a moisturizing hair reconstructor, or a chip-resistant nail polish, or cuticle softener, or hair color protecting serum... I could go on and on and on and on- you get it. Not just Sally's, any drug store will do (though I only buy products at Sally's). I can't say I'm not guilty of wasting 20 minutes in front of the Herbal Essences display sniffing shampoos.

I have a list written out for things I'm going to go look into this month. One of the benefits of shopping at Sally's is my awesome discount card that pretty much pays for itself. Because of my shopping spree last month I get 15% off my purchase this month. Woo! And don't forget the $5 I get off every time I shop there. Suh-weet!

On said list I have a silk wrap I want to try on account of my hair being a hot mess. In the past 6 months I have managed to do more damage to my hair than I've ever done in 6 years of dying/flat ironing. Supposedly sleeping on silk lessens damage but silk pillow cases (affordable ones) are hard to come by so hopefully a wrap will do the trick.
I also found some sort of miraculous nail polish drying spray. The reviews on the site claim it works so hopefully it does.
I'm really itchy for a new hair dryer but I have one. It does work but I'd love a professional one. I was also eye balling a flat iron stand but that's just pure vanity because I don't actually need one.
There's a nail-restoring treatment that is supposed to be absolutely excellent (though pricey) that I might look into. I have decent nails but I'd like super strong ones. The stuff I use to strengthen them can't be used over nail polish and this treatment is actually a base/top coat that is supposed to work WHILE you wear it. I'm afraid to try it, though, because apparently in the first weeks of use it really tears up your nails supposedly "detoxing" your nails of their weak layers.
I'm going to stop there because otherwise I might move into hair. Last month I bought some new hair products that I'm going to try before looking into anything else. I got a Cholesterol reconstructor, a leave-in mist, and a color protecting serum.

I also bought some sweet ass nail polishes. My trusty-handy-dandy It's an Original! by Finger paints. It's dark purple and I LOOOOOVE it. Shades of Dark by Finger Paints which is supposed to be a dark dark shade of plum but I did my toes with it and it just looks black. I'm going to save it for the summer because I think bright light will bring out the color. I bought Like Butta by Ultra Pro which is bright yellow and Blue Blaze by Ultra Pro which I'm currently wearing. It's electric blue and I'm not too in love with it yet. I much prefer my nails in purple or red but blue is a nice change. The polish dried quickly but it needed a lot a lot of layers and it was very dull. Dullness was fixed with a clear top coat so no worries.
And please... don't even get me started on make-up... the lipstick! the eye-shadow! mascara!
Oh the addiction...
Sigh... I can be so, so, shallow.

0 comments: