THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 31, 2009

I suppose I ought to end the year on a blog!

It's December 31st, 2009. It is the end of the year. To quote the narrator of (500) Days of Summer:

"Most days of the year are unremarkable. They begin, and they end, with no lasting memories made in between. Most days have no impact on the course of a life."
This applies to whole years sometimes. I feel like this year was mostly unremarkable in my life. I had no great accomplishments nor made any huge improvements.
Butthole and I made it the whole year nearly bruise-less.I managed to keep my New Year's Resolution for the most part.I managed to let things go more often.I didn't gain another 10 lbs. I accepted that I don't have a lot of good friends and I probably never will.That's about it, really. I think that's pretty depressing and for that I'm happy to see 2009 go. I'm hoping 2010 brings more change.
For now I am planning to embrace the New Year with a new haircut, turquoise nail polish, Jewlove for a companion, and a new scene minus the most important person: Butthole. I miss him but I'm proud to say I've made it this far and haven't a. lost my mind or b. gotten fat. So woo-hoo! Point: Me.
As for my haircut, I have bangs again. Side-swept bangs...

I might cut them again so that they look like this:


That decision is yet to be made. Ideally I'll decide by tonight. I think my face might be too fat :P
Such is my life that at the end of the year all I can talk about is my hair. I'm still not sure what to make of that but for fear of ruining my night I will not think about it (to one more time keep my 2009 resolution).
As for 2010, I intend to continue on my self-improvement and add a goal to be more frugal and have more savings by the end of the year. I'm aiming for less tears and temper tantrums and more laughter and good humor at the face of ill situations. Cheers!

0 comments: