THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 7, 2009

Haggling and Christmas shopping.

I am pretty much blowing my savings on Christmas shopping. I probably shouldn't but I'm sorry, I can't turn down a good deal! I'm also kicking myself over the deals I'm coming across for stuff I've already purchased which is why the gloves are off! If I see a deal I'm taking it!
My proud haggling story:
I got myself some boots with the fur! Who's proud? You should be proud. They were on sale last week plus I had a coupon for 20% off. Sweet. I bought some for me and some for Phatty. Unfortunately the coupon had expired but thankfully I had written the code down for another discount of 15%. It's not 20% but hey, it's still a discount, right? So I get to work (my computer access) on Monday and I find there was ANOTHER 20% off coupon I could have used. *GRUMP*GRUMP*GRUMP* Oh well, you live and learn. They ship Monday. Friday comes along and the boots are in town (gotta love UPS package tracker). I get an e-mail: Said boots are now 50% off! WHAAAATTTT? I e-mail the company and ask if they'd be willing to adjust the price to the new sale price. I get an e-mail back the next day. YES! They'll adjust it! Awesome. Butthole was proud of me :)
Now comes the debate: after wearing the boots all weekend (it was freezing here!!!) do I love them enough to buy another pair on sale? I think I do. Mom says go for it. Butthole says yes then no. Phatty says sure if you want-it's your money. I decide- fine, I won't do it. I get in today and the company still has the boots on sale plus free shipping on ANY ORDER ... I'm going to have two more pairs of boots on Friday.
Other awesome deals: Receiving all those obnoxious e-mails from Kodak throughout the year payed off: Mom is getting a digital camera AND memory card for Christmas. Sweetness.
Complaints: If I had waited on ordering the boots I would have had free shipping on the first boots and Phatty's boots (though I wouldn't have had them last weekend). Oh well. Still a good deal.
Also, if I had waited to order Mom's calendar I could have either a. gotten Phatty one for free (that one REALLY bites!) or I could have gotten all of them for a 35% discount. *GRUMP*GRUMP*GRUMP* Oh well.
I seriously LOVE LOVE LOVE Christmas Shopping. Little Brother and Butthole are proving to be difficult this year but I'll get it handled.
I also can't wait to go shopping for more Christmas decorations on the 26Th. Oh man!

0 comments: