THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Better watch it.

I would like to start out by asking you to watch these two videos.
*CHICK POP MUSIC ALERT*






Alright. That being said I can now start my post. I will admit that as far as radio music goes I find both of the above songs tolerable. Tolerable in that I'm-in-the-car-we've-been-driving-for-six-hours-lets-dance-like-no body's-watching way. You know... that crap you'd never pay to listen to but it's fun when you are in your underwear baking brownies and need something to shake your butt to like a 13 year old girl. Errr... not that I've ever done that.
I would like point out the parallels both in the songs and the videos. Let's start with the videos:
Cheesy dance routine? Check.

Bad wigs? Check.
Outdated glasses? Check.
Slutty chicks? Check.
Pretty boys? Check.
Now the songs:
Some girl deems her crush's girlfriend unworthy of such a great catch and thinks the guy should open his eyes and see his girlfriend for the shrew that she is and see her (the singer) for her great potential to be the best girlfriend ever. Cue eye roll.

Let me start out by saying that if some skank was running around telling my boyfriend that he should dump me girlfrien' would get beat down so fast she wouldn't even have time to hang on to her weave. We are talking some serious "Giiiiiirrrrrllll hold mah earrings while I body slam this hoe" action. Seriously, ladies? How disrespectful. If you want the guy and he's already taken you either move on to the next fish or you sit your happy ass down and wait your sweet turn. Besides, anyone with an ounce of self-respect would tell you to get lost in your douchebaggery and play catch with a cactus. Heck, the time Pansy told me I should "find another guy" I, myself, had half a mind to body slam him. Who says stuff like that? Honestly...
Speaking of self-respect let's take a look at these gallant gentlemen. Taylor's crush is some push over little sissy who doesn't have enough balls to keep his girlfriend from flirting with other guys in front on him. Really, Taylor? That's the kind of guy you want? You want a guy you can't have not because he doesn't notice you, but because he's so whipped he can't even break up with his monster of a girlfriend? Damn, girl, I'm not saying you should find yourself a total a-hole of a guy but get a guy with some back-bone, no? I guess at least he's not cheating on HER which brings us to Avril's Prince Charming.
Um, hello? Am I the only one that noticed that this guy is emotionally cheating on his "so whatever" girlfriend? Plus Avril knows it and doesn't care which makes HER a skank, too! "I can see the way, I see the way you look at me And even when you look away I know you think of me"? Seriously? Like... really, really? Who wants a guy like that? You think that once you get him he won't start lusting after the next poofy haired, short-skirted, cleavage-displaying floozy that walks by? Dream on, girlfriend, it's not happening. Find a guy who isn't a complete jackass.

You want a good frustrated heart pining after the unreachable song? Here:

The Black Kids' cover of Sophie B. Hawkin's song. Brilliant. Just sayin'...

Oh and if you want to hear more greatness check out The Eels' cover of it. E is the man, as always.

0 comments: