THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Como perro con dos colas.

Another weight post. Oh fun. Actually, that's not sarcasm!
Last night my mom brought over to my place my old homecoming/prom dresses that she didn't want to keep in her house anymore. I was putting them away (not sure why, I don't need them) and I decided to try on a couple of them. Partly because being out of high school I never get to get all dressied up anymore and partly because I wanted to see how much my body had changed.
I went with my two favorites: Homecoming Senior and Sophomore year.
I'll say it: Senior year I was a little chunker. For stupid reasons I gained a lot of weight and spilled out of a lot of my clothes. It was pretty sick. Still, the dress I bought that year was killer, even on my ever-expanding ass. It was a cute little blue number with a sweetheart neckline, halter straps, a-line skirt, with black tulle underneath. The friend I went shopping with forced me to try it on and thank goodness she did because the darn thing fit like a glove. It looked really great. Really, really.
It has been 3 years since I wore that dress, though, and I have busted my butt (especially as of the last year) to lose the weight I put on that year. Anyway, point being the dress fit. The dress fit loosely. It was at least one size too big. Oh yea. Fatty's got it going on.
Then I moved on to the other dress the one from Sophomore year. That was my black and pink phase. Black dress with lots of pink ribbon. I wore black and pink Chucks, much to my mother's horror. Anyway... this one was the big one. That is to say, it was the small one. I was 15 last time I wore that dress. That's 5 years and my body has changed a lot and not just weight gain/loss either. The last time I tried to fit into this dress I couldn't even zip it up (did I mention I was FAT?). I didn't have much hope but then I put it on. And the zipper went up, up, up, ALL THE WAY UP!! It fit! It fit perfectly! Seriously, I could have dug out my Chucks and gone out in public! It made me very happy.
I intend to keep it up. No necessarily the weight loss (though yesterday I did get a new work out and the trainer said I could afford to lose 5-10 lbs to be at an "athletic" weight) but definitely the fitness. I am going to work hard to not gain any more weight. These are the golden years and I know in a few years I won't be able to lose weight like I can now so I'm going to stay fit and healthy. :) Ha. We'll see how that works out with the holidays coming up.

0 comments: